Sunday, August 30, 2009

Really? Can it get any worse?

My symptoms have gone from uncomfortable to intolerable and every day seems a bit worse.
The way it looks now, I'll need to miss another day work.
Still swollen, hard to get anything down, resulting in vertigo and lack of energy. But I'm super nauseous and came out of a dead sleep last night and barely made it to the garbage before I threw up 3 times... (there wasn't much in there to come out.)

Good friend Sue came over and took at look at me today, double checked my meds and put me on a better course. Turns out 2 of the medications were canceling each other out.

I'm looking forward to restored health and trying to be patient and look at the bright side of things... but after a whole week, this is a little out of control!

Blessings I've counted so far: my amazing husband for catering to my every need - fixing meals and drinks to sooth my system, letting me rest and recover, making me laugh, keeping me company, not letting me do more than is beyond my ability, & being a good sport. Mom for checking up on me, bringing by fresh fruit, pudding, and munchies. Mom from MO for checking on me daily, and friends for their prayers and support.

I'd love to wake up refreshed and healed. Here's praying for a miracle!

4 comments:

Rachelle said...

Wow, Tori, this sounds miserable. I will pray for that miracle today. I hope you see improvements today and feel better soon!

Anna Dutson said...

It definitely does sound miserable. Hopefully it's almost over.

Marilynn said...

I am so sorry! I really miss you!

Spitfire said...

Still dead, huh? Are things starting to get any better? Do you need anything??? I hope you can be alright.