Thursday, May 6, 2010

Newsletters!

Yesterday I enlisted my adorable nephews (and Grammy!) to deliver newsletters while I looked for satellite violations. The cute little 6 year wanted to come with me instead of Grammy putting newsletters on the doors. He was quick to know what I was looking for and spot all the violations. "That's wrong!" he'd tell me. And then he ran around to the front to tell me the door number. What a helpful boy! (I need all the help I can get these days. I don't waddle very fast!)

The part that made me really crack up is when we stopped back at my place to recover from the little rain sprinkles that started coming 1/2 way through our job. Grammy was reading the newsletter articles out loud and he got a peak at the back page and said, "Can I see that?! That's Alpine Cleaning and Restoration!" He saw the Alpine logo and started singing a jingle.

(I don't think I learned the word 'restoration' until I was WAY older than he is. These kids just amaze me with their wit and intellect.)

2 comments:

Anna Dutson said...

Haha! That's great, thanks for sharing. He loves to hear the commercials on the radio and come and tell me the number that I should call to reach whoever is advertised, and one of those numbers he always runs to me with is Alpine.

Emma Dutson said...

I've heard how intelligent your Little Nephews are -:)What fun you must have had having Ethan help you!
Wow, only about a month left 'til 'Our' Zoey comes to us! I know she must be already be a 'Doll'.