Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Monday continued....

Yeah... so last night after work, exhausted me with gimpy right ankle, decided to clear the sink and fill the dishwasher. As soon as I finished and started the load, I was going to hand wash the rest... but to my surprise when I turned on the kitchen faucet, water (from the base) sprayed everywhere.
Dad, the kitchen faucet expert, raced over on Scarlet Thunder and took a look. The diagnosis: we need a new kitchen faucet. Since the base has split, there was no use salvaging it.

After dinner, Mac and I went to Home Depot and found a really cool (yet affordable) replacement. This one has one of those pull out heads. I love this feature... I'd post before and after pictures... but the project isn't finished yet. The tubes that are supposed to attach to the water are too short. And even with the water off... it leaks.
ARGGGGG!



So Mac will finish up tonight while I'm at the monthly HOA meeting.

I was hoping that today would be better than yesterday. So I packed up a couple of Dr. Peppers to get me through the rest of the work week... when I pulled into to the parking lot, I discovered one of the cans leaked all over my work bag. WHAT A MESS!

I'm still hoping today will get better. Seems like this week has been a huge challenge!
I'm soooo ready for the weekend! (And it's only Tues morning...)

The upside: I am looking forward to seeing Eric, Brynn and the kids today!

2 comments:

Anna Dutson said...

We tried replacing our kitchen faucet, but couldn't get one of the nuts off of the bottom of the faucet. I guess now that we're staying, I might try to get Phil to replace it again :)

Emma Dutson said...

Yeah, some days are a trial! Happy for Scarlet Thunder bringing your Daddy over to diagnose the problem, and that Mac will be able to fix it okay.