Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Surprise from my Sweet, Shopping, Gramma Great, Girls night out, & Mac's Halloween Masterpiece

I've run myself into the ground again and didn't have enough umph to go to work Friday. Little did I know I was ruining Mac's plans for the day. He was a quick thinker though and made arrangements. Anna texted me and invited me to walk to Walmart to with the kids to pick out Phil's Birthday Present. He wouldn't let me take Zoey - I thought she'd really enjoy the ride. But I gave in and let him keep her at home. It was a hot sweaty walk, but I was in good company. I came home only to find myself locked out. Mac let me in, ordered me to keep my eyes closed and to go cool off upstairs. I didn't hear any baby sounds... so I wondered if Zoey was even there. He came up a few minutes later and said dinner would be ready in 5-10 mins. I finished reading a chapter of Mockingjay (excellent series by the way!) and changed and since he it looked like I had a few minutes to spare, I waited at the top of the stairs waiting for permission t0 come down. That's when I saw him scattering pink rose petals on the stairs. How romantico!

This is what I saw when I came down the stairs. I floral path on the way to this....
Yum! I know... isn't your mouth water right now at this gourmet salad, rice, tilapia covered in peach BBQ sauce!? (With chocolate molton cake in the oven?! YUMMA!
And more flowers!!! I'm soooo lucky to have such a talented thoughtful man!
Eric, Brynn & family were nice enough to watch Zoey while we enjoyed dinner and raced to Stadium 8 for the movie Inception. It was a relaxing refreshing evening! I'm sooo blessed!



Last night we took Zoey shopping to Macey's Caselot sale. She's a good sport and didn't fuss. She was just really tired - but I think she enjoyed the ride.
Here she is keeping track of our coupons! What a sweetie!

Cousin Shannon was up so we made a trip to see her (it's been about 8 years!) and Zoey got to visit with Gramma Dutson for a bit. We had a good time!


While the men were at the Priesthood Meeting Sat night, we had a girls night out! Here we are in the dressing room finding some new duds. I think this pic is sooo funny!

Zoey is growing sooo fast! Her neck muscles are strong and one of her favorite places to be (besides Grammy Pammy's) is in the bouncer that Chris & Wendi let us borrow. She always has a big grin when she's bouncing away. I love this little girl!

Her smiles are sooo sweet! We can't wait to share them with Gramma and PaPa Backerman!

This is what I see when I have to go back to work after my lunch break picking up Zoey from Grammy's and waiting for Mac to come home from school.
Mac is enjoying school! He made this meringue skeleton. Yum! Isn't it too cute to eat?

3 comments:

Anna Dutson said...

You guys have too much fun!

What a fun and thoughtful surprise! And what a cute little Zoey :)

I'll have you know that the boys loved the meringue skeleton and wanted to share it with their friends, so it was gone in about fifteen minutes. But it sure was fun!

MStevenson said...

What a fun surprise! Lucky you!

Hey I got a taste of that skeleton! It freaked me out! Mostly cause I didn't know what I was eating. Kile and Ethan were just there and were telling me it was a bone, they waited for me to taste it, and I was still unsure about what I was tasting because Anna wasn't around to tell me what it was. She did later. But it was funny.

Emma Dutson said...

Oh what a wonderful you two are! You were meant for each other. Zoey, the combination of you both is ADORABLE!
I've never seen a skelaton like that,
can't imagine eating it ! Ha!