Sunday, September 12, 2010

Labor Day Weekend & Week!

It was a nice weekend - sleeping in, relaxing, finding deals on cute baby clothes for Zoey next year and a little bit of sewing. Sat we packed up the car and drove
to Tremonton to visit Grampa Knell. We had a WONDERFUL visit! He treated us to warm doughnuts and tall glasses of cold milk! We brought home a stack full of pictures to scan.
(It was WAY fun to see pics of Mac when he was little!)
Monday I woke up in a cleaning frenzy! It felt soooo good to sweep and mop the kitchen & bathroom, finish the laundry & dishes, take out all the garbages, polish & clean the kitchen cupboards, and clean off the back patio. I was exhausted, but it was well worth the effort!

We took a break where our good friend invited us to be her guests for lunch at Carl's Jr before they opened. Seriously! Soooo-much-fun!
We all got $7 vouchers to order what we wanted from the menu. I really wanted one of the PHILLY CHEESESTEAK BURGER but they hadn't prepped for it. Instead I tried the THE PORTOBELLO MUSHROOM SIX DOLLAR BURGER™ delish! I'd never eaten at Carl's Jr before, so it was fun to experience the messy magic on the south end of town before the doors were open to the public.

Zoey is 14 weeks! It's amazing to see how fast she's growing!
What a lucky girl! She's wearing the outfit from Aunt Leah & Uncle Adam that Adam brought back from Germany! Soooo cute!


Safe at Grammy's! Poor little Zoey's fingernails grow faster than mommy can trim them!


Little miss independent! She loves sitting in on all the action!

Zoey spends a lot of her awake time playing. She's getting really good with her fingers and hands.


Soooo precious! Love that little sleepy baby!

Wednesday was book club and lots of meetings. It was fun, but I was exhausted.

I picked up a cold Thurs and Friday... spent those 2 days recovering... it took me down hard.
I'm glad Mom could watch Zoey while I recovered and Mac made it easy for me at home to rest.

She loves sticking her little tongue out at us!

Our self portrait Saturday


We stopped by Great Aunt Linda's for a visit. It was fun to catch up with the family.

She sure has us wrapped around her little finger when she pulls this face.

To wrap up the day, we fed the ducks. Zoey really enjoys the walk and we have fun seeing who will dominate, the fish or the ducks for the moldy bread chunks!

Stake Conference was very memorable! It was very hot, I felt dizzy and claustrophobic, but the speakers were great. Zoey almost made it the entire 2 hours, and then started screaming. On my way down the steps to take her out and change the diaper that was making her grumpy, I sliped and slid down a couple of stairs. I made sure during my fall that Zoey was in no danger - she was well protected and all that was injured was my pride... and I might have a bruise on my backside tomorrow. Needless to say, next time, we'll be sitting on the main floor in the back by the door where no stairs will be involved.

Then while Mac was making lunch, a big huge poisonous spider was playing in the house by the back door. Ugghhh! Guess the memorable events keep coming!

Can't wait to see what next week brings.

2 comments:

Anna Dutson said...

Cute, cute, cute!

You got a bumbo, aren't they awesome? Sorry I was so slow getting ours to you.

Sorry about your spill at Stake Conference, one minute you were there and the next you were gone. Took me a minute to process what happened.

We've had those big ugly spiders too, I think they're hobos, yuck!

Duane D said...

Zoey~!!~
What a cutie!
Thanks for sharing those sweet pics of her!