Friday, October 2, 2009

The Festival!

The Kansas City Renaissance Festival!

We spent Saturday having the time of our lives, wandering around the grounds, listening to talented musicians. Wathcing magic shows, and gypsy dancers, (I wasn't impressed with the crude pirates, but I liked their costumes).We got some stones from the Holy Land
(with our names written in Hebrew)
Very Cool!
Mom & Mac by a real live sun dial
(I couldn't believe how accurate it was!)Mac & Mom listening to Matty Striker!

Rapunzel!QueenKingUs & The Pirates
What a Handsome Knave!We didn't get to see an execution... but here's the guillotine.Yum! Cheesecake on a stick!
(It was soooo rich, Mac had to help me finish it.)

Axe Throwing!Mac rang the bell twice from his 3 tries!My Hero!
Corn Nuggets, Strawberry & Cream Pastry, & Sugared Almonds. YUM!!Right...At the end of the evening they have the town dance. I was terrified to change partners... but mom was able to get a shot of me dancing with the prince.I don't remember the name of this dance, (Mac knows) but it was super fun!After the dance, they have a song & performance.
(Notice the royalty on the balcony.)
There were several parades throughout the day, and at the very end was the executioner with a "The End" sign on his hiney.

3 comments:

MStevenson said...

You had me when you said cheesecake on a stick.

Anna Dutson said...

Looks like you guys had fun! I'm jealous of the cheesecake on a stick.

Emma Dutson said...

Oh such fun you've had at the Festival. Happy Mom was with you too. Enjoyed those marvelous photos
See you Saturday.