What a horrible-no-good-rotton-should-have-stayed-in-bed-all-day day!
I did a bunch of grocery errands this morning and was surprised to see flashing lights behind me. Yeah... the officer said I was speeding... I don't believe him. I think he's just trying to raise money for his department. It sent me over the edge. He gave me a citation! What a jerk! I have NO RESPECT for law enforcement and it really RUINED my mood ALL DAY long.
Mac is a wonderful support and helped calm me down. I decided not to let the WHOLE day go to waste and made another couple batches of raspberry freezer jam - YUMMM!

Then, I decided to break out the tomato sauce and make some homemade salsa that Aunt Jan taught me to make,

- again, YUMMMM, in to process of cleaning up the jam, starting the salsa, and doing laundry, I let the cat out, I meant for her to be out only a few minutes... about an hour later I realized she was outside... and NO WHERE in sight. Frantically we (ok I was the frantic one) went on a fruitless search... up and down the neighborhood. No luck... I checked on my salsa... finished the batch, (started a new one) and didn't pay attention while I was sooning the boiling mixture into jars and slopped a bunch on my thumb. OOOOOOUCH! (3 hours later, it still stings) with one hand in a cup of cold water, decided to take my search to motorized transportation (yes, still a little shell shocked from my horrible law enforcement experience - and yes, the officer is still a jerk). I slowly went up the road by the farmer's field and decided to turn around on the skinny road. While doing a 20 point turn around, there was a silhouette of a cat (I was blinded by the sun.) Were my eyes deceiving me? I called out to the cat, and the cat took off. Gotta be PPaz! I watched as she was almost being run over - thanks to the nice driver that stopped and let her cross the road.
As soon as she knew I was behind her, she bolted home. I've never seen a creature move so fast! I parked the car and chased her on foot. She dashed into the open back door - perfect timing by Mac. I'm SOOOO glad she's home!

So counting my blessings after the worst day I've had in a long time (except for being sick... that wasn't so fun), I'm glad I have such a wonderful supportive husband who loves me and is such a comfort, and for PPaz home safely (learned my lesson, she's not going outside again for a LONG time, no matter how much she cries at the door), and for the end of the day. I really hope tomorrow is better. I don't know how it could get any worse. (Knock on wood.)
Ok, so Monday, since Mac didn't have to work, we went out and purchased a new chest freezer! (It's our first major appliance as a married couple, so Mac says that we're now officially married - although I have paperwork to prove otherwise.)
Yippee for us! Now we can stock up and feel like we're provident living!

And earlier this week, we made some yummy homemade salsa from the fresh tomatoes from Mom & Aunt Lynn's garden using Aunt Mary's recipe. YUMMM!
2 comments:
Sounds no fun.
That"s cool you bought a chest freezer though!
What a 'day'you had, but happy it turned out OK anyway. Wonderful, now you and Mac have a pretty, new freezer. You'll enjoy it. Hope your'thumb is all better. Dave has asked me if you're all better now from being sick. I told him 'yes'
cause you've made the salsa and jam
Glad you found PPaz too ! Good for Mac,having the door open for her-:)
Post a Comment