Mac surprised me by getting off work early, and we set out for a practice ride. Our destination was Tremonton to visit his fam.

We had a nice visit with his Grandpa in Bothwell... and then I discovered my keys had slipped out of my pocket.
We checked everywhere.... and then I realized they were in my Jacket pocket that I had stored in the trunk of my Majesty. Arggg!
Mac promptly jumped on the Red Rocket and headed for home to grab the spare and the car. He made really good time and said he enjoyed the ride.
When we tried using the spare key, it bent and then snapped off in the ignition. Yikes!
So, dejected we left. Mac drove me to Denny's and we celebrated getting his motorcycle permit and called local locksmiths to see what our options were.
Saturday we spent coordinating transportation back to the dealership. His amazing Uncle Gaylon and Aunt Lynn helped up haul the Iron Pony back to Hyde Park so it could be examined today.
I'm dreading the phone call with the cost of my mistake... but anticipating getting back on the Iron Pony for my next jaunt around the valley.
Anyone else have an eventful weekend?
2 comments:
That stinks, sorry about your spare key. Hope you get your bike fixed soon!
Wow, how frustrating. Hope it works
out OK, that you'll soon be back on your Iron Pony. Thank goodness for your Amazing Hubby coming to your rescue--that the Cost will be nil.
Post a Comment