Short Stats:
After 22 hours, almost passing out from installing the IV, 3 epidural full cartages, 2 hours of HARD pushing, and finally little baby Zoey makes her appearance. Poor little thing has a really sore head from the internal heart monitor (who knew that they screwed it into the baby's head?) a cone head from being pushed so long, bruises and skin removal from the suction of the vacuum (didn't work after 3 tries), and finally bruises from the forceps. She's a little trooper and is recovering nicely!
This part is probably too much information (TMI) but I'm going to record it since I don't keep on offical journal, so only read if you're into gory details:
Mom (me) enjoyed starving with good food (Grist Mill bagels) all about the room, EXCELLENT company, super low blood pressure causing her to almost pass out and vomit (twice). HOURS of waiting and waiting with little progress only .5 a centimeter after every 3-4 hours, but after a Priesthood Blessing dilation went from a 6 to a 9 in only 20 minutes, and then it wasn't long before we were able to start pushing. After the birth, I still had horrible contractions, trouble with the placenta - it was being stubborn and I needed a D&C. I had 5 stitches and a couple of moles removed since I was numb. Those 22 hours of labor I'm sure will be forgotten soon as we enjoy snuggling up with our little Zoey.
As soon as we get pics I'll post them.
3 comments:
Happy Zoey is here. Glad both She & You & Mac are recovering. Thanks for the Stats.
We are so excited for you guys... congratulations!!!
Sounds rough, but such a great reward eh! She is so cute and I wish I could meet her. I couldn't deliver my placenta on my first either. When you have delivered the baby you think you're done but it's disappointing when you're not! Never had trouble with that again and it all gets easier. Now you can just enjoy Zoey! Congrats!
Post a Comment