Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Remedies?

So, I've felt sick for the last 3+ weeks and have found very little relief.
If you haven't already heard, see Mac's Blog. I love the way he announces our news. (And feel free to leave him a comment - as he's new to the blogging world :) )

I'd appreciate any ideas you have to combat morning sickness.

I've tried prescribed Zofran from the doctor (the side effects are worse than the original symptoms), B6 & 1/2 Unisom only works I at night (and I really should be conscious at work.)

I'm sick to death of crackers... I've moved on to pretzels (I'm sure that won't last long).
Next I'm trying sour candy... but I'm not doing well with the extra sugar. My teeth are starting to hurt.


Really! I'd love to hear what works for you! THANKS!

7 comments:

Emma Dutson said...

Ahhhh Tori---I'm so happy for you & Mac--for your good news. As Duane
was taking me to the Doc yesterday, I asked him if it were true~~~~~~~~Yep, he said. I told him you hadn't told me yet, and I wanted to wait 'til I heard it from
YOU ! I'm thrilled--will have to get knitting and crocheting -:) About a remedy--While Duane was waiting for me, he talked to one of the Clerks behind the desk--She
told him Popsicles and Gater Aid works for morning sickness. Be sure to keep hydrated I looked for Mac's Blog, but don't know how to find his. I'd surely like dto read it -:) XOXOXO

C Dawn's bucket said...

Try grated ginger in a warm drink (I like it in chamomile tea) with some honey and just sip it throughout the day. I have lots of ginger if you want to borrow some to try.

Also the store in the mall...I think it is called Motherhood has some anti-nausea lollipops you can suck on to help...

Hydration is really important!

Also think about what smells good...if it didn't smell good I knew I couldn't keep it down

nate_clarlaw said...

TORI and MAC!

Congrats!! That is so exciting!! If I were next to you, I'd give you hugs :) You're gunna let me take pictures of the little dude or dudette, right? :)

Jill W said...

Congratulations! I was wondering when this would happen! In fact, today when I saw you were at your mom's, I thought to myself, "I wonder if she's pregnant yet!" So happy for you! Unfortunately for you, but very fortunately for me, one of my bragging rights is that I didn't get morning sickness with either pregnancy. So I don't have any suggestions for you. Hopefully you'll feel better soon!

Anna Dutson said...

I don't think my morning sickness was ever as bad as yours with any of my pregnancies (even the twins). But whenever I would get sick I would go to sleep, that way I wouldn't have to be conscious for it! You don't have that option though.

Anonymous said...

Good new! Congrats! I had morning sickness SO bad with all of my girls and I found that nothing really worked for me either. Ginger soda helped a little, I ate lots of saltines and just suffered through the first 3 months. I hear they make some kind of fabulous lollipop now that helps. I didn't get sick with Robert, so I didn't have to try any new remedies. It only lasts a little while and is SO worth it :)) Yay!!

Melissa said...

Congrats! We are excited for you!!!!!! And remedies for morning sickness!? Couldn't tell you, never been down that path before! Can I come visiting teaching this month!?