Wednesday, November 26, 2008

euthanasia consultation...


Today I made the hardest phone call ever.... the vet calls it "euthanasia consultation".

Baby hasn't been doing too well as of late. This week, he can't walk on his hind legs without someone holding him up. He's lost his appetite and has been very sluggish. We'll enjoy him for a couple more days... but it's hard to imagine life without him.

I'm taking this a lot harder than I thought I would. Our little four-footer has been an integral part of our lives for13 years. I'm really gonna miss him.

4 comments:

Deven and Keri said...

I'm sorry to hear that. We will miss seeing your family walking with him. Cherish those 13 years!

Rachelle said...

This is sad news. 13 years is a long time. You must have so memories with her. Thinking of you as you let her go.

Lotte said...

My heart goes out to you. It's never easy to say goodbye. I pray you will have peace as you say farewell.

Jill W said...

I'm so sorry! This is the worst part about owning pets. Take comfort in the fact that you gave her such a remarkable life!